Thursday 25 August 2011

Spotlight - Chiddy Bang


Chiddy Bang is an American alternative hip hop group consisting of Chidera 'Chiddy' Anamege and Noah 'Xaphoon Jones' Beresin.

I was sold from the very first song i heard from them in 2009, The Opposite of Adults. This lead me to download their mix tape 'The swelly express', and needless to say I was very impressed with chiddy's flow and lyrics and xaphoon's choice of beats. Their fusion of hip hop with popular to not so popular indie tracks was like a Godsend to me! I mean those are my two favourite music genres all mashed up to produce some solid tracks.

As a big fan I am quite happy that they are now blowing up.
What do you mean you still haven't heard of them?? lol. Trust me if you haven't, you soon will. My all time favorite track (so far) is still 'the opposite of adults'. these guys took an MGMT classic (kids) and went hard. I am also a big fan of 'I can't stop' and 'The good life' off the 'Peanut Butter and Swelly' mix tape and 'The Preview' EP.

Oh and Chiddy is a Naija American so lets support our guy!

You can find out more about chiddy bang here

Check out some of their songs after the cut.



The opposite of adults


I can't stop


The good life


'Mind your manners' is Chiddy Bang's first single off their 'Breakfast' album

Mind your manners

No comments:

Post a Comment