Tuesday 22 November 2011

Music Off The Tube - Emiliana Torrini: Gun


New feature today.

If you know me then you know I love my TV Shows. I would be rather bored without my faves really. I also love good use of music in TV shows and i have been introduced to many indie artists that way. 'The OC' was VERY good at that, introducing me to 'The Killers', 'Imogen Heap', 'Athlete', 'Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly', and my ultimate indie guys 'Bloc Party', among others.


Shame on me, due to some mix up beyond my control I am on season 1 of BBC's Luther. Anyways this song  came up at the end of episode one and once i heard the guitar riffs I knew I would be constructing phrases on google to get the name immediately. Lol. Well I did get there in the end, the track is 'Gun' by Emiliana Torrini. The song is dark and kind of intoxicating, rather Quentin Tarantino-esque. I like! The subject matter about some guy offing his wife's lover (and maybe her as well) told from the gun's perspective is quite fitting for the show.

Haven't checked out other stuff from Emiliana but will definitely do.

So this new feature will focus on interesting songs I hear on TV shows, Movies, and even ads (how epic was this Sony Bravia ad?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment