Sunday 8 January 2012

Spotlight - Azealia Banks


Double spotlight today.

Ok let me admit that I first heard of Azealia only a couple of days ago as a result of some Twitter spat with Kreayshawn. Peeps were raving about her, so I just had to visit Youtube to see what the fuss was all about. Thats how I discovered her debut single, 212. Its fun, vulgar, and even though I cant understand half of what shes saying I found it very entertaining. Azealia spits with some effortless ferocity over a banging electro beat, and even does some singing. The very fun video actually made me love the song with its basic concept and conga dance, accurately expressing the vibe of the song.

20 year old Azealia Banks is a currently unsigned rapper and lyricist from Harlem, New York. She popped into the limelight last year when she topped NME's "Cool List", and was nominated for the BBC's Sound of 2012. Quite a number of similarities with our other current spotlight, A$AP Rocky.

Aside 212 she also has some other cool stuff, like The Chills and L8R.
Someone sign this girl right now!

212 audio and video are below, and theres some more interesting stuff from Azealia after the cut.

To find out more about Azealia Banks check out:
Website
Facebook
Twitter


Azealia Banks Ft. Lazy Jay - 212



212





L8R



Azealia Banks by trysomethingnous

No comments:

Post a Comment