Tuesday 28 August 2012

Spotlight - I/O [Ayo Olatunji]


If you are looking for Frank Ocean and The Weeknd type of R&B then you are in the right Spotlight entry. I dunno i'm always into these Neo-R&B types, I guess its the modern and eclectic sound, rawness, and passion.
 

I/O, real name Ayo Olatunji, is my latest find thanks to Bellanaija. The New York based singer/songwriter and producer has music in his genes, being the grandson of Grammy Award-Winning Nigerian drummer Babatunde Olatunji (of Drums Of Passion fame). Ayo performed alongside his grandfather several times during his teenage years, and now creates his own music.
 

I/O's music is mostly chilled to mid-tempo R&B with electronic infusions, and generally dope. In 2011 he released his first mixtape, "8 Bit Love". Then in June this year he hit us with another mixtape, "Isolation".
   
For more on I/O check out:
Twitter 
Soundcloud 
Website

Listen and Download the complete Isolation mixtape after the cut.

 DOWNLOAD: I/O: Isolation



Props to Bellanaija

No comments:

Post a Comment